By Annabelle McIver
Probabilistic recommendations are more and more being hired in machine courses and platforms simply because they could raise potency in sequential algorithms, let in a different way nonfunctional distribution functions, and make allowance quantification of possibility and defense in most cases. This makes operational versions of ways they paintings, and logics for reasoning approximately them, tremendous important.
Abstraction, Refinement and evidence for Probabilistic Systems offers a rigorous method of modeling and reasoning approximately computers that contain likelihood. Its foundations lie in conventional Boolean sequential-program logic—but its extension to numeric instead of simply true-or-false judgments takes it a lot additional, into components reminiscent of randomized algorithms, fault tolerance, and, in dispensed platforms, almost-certain symmetry breaking. The presentation starts with the frequent "assertional" type of software improvement and maintains with expanding specialization: half I treats probabilistic application good judgment, together with many examples and case reports; half II units out the distinctive semantics; and half III applies the method of complex fabric on temporal calculi and two-player games.
Topics and features:
* offers a basic semantics for either likelihood and demonic nondeterminism, together with abstraction and information refinement
* Introduces readers to the most recent mathematical examine in rigorous formalization of randomized (probabilistic) algorithms * Illustrates via instance the stairs invaluable for construction a conceptual version of probabilistic programming "paradigm"
* Considers result of a wide and built-in study workout (10 years and carrying on with) within the modern sector of "quantitative" application logics
* contains priceless chapter-ending summaries, a entire index, and an appendix that explores replacement approaches
This obtainable, concentrated monograph, written via foreign specialists on probabilistic programming, develops a vital starting place subject for contemporary programming and platforms improvement. Researchers, laptop scientists, and complex undergraduates and graduates learning programming or probabilistic platforms will locate the paintings an authoritative and crucial source text.
Read Online or Download Abstraction, Refinement and Proof for Probabilistic Systems PDF
Similar compilers books
Kim Marriott Bernd Meyer communique is likely one of the hallmarks of people. once we ponder hu guy communique, most folks first consider spoken and written lan guages. those are related in that symbols within the language are encountered and processed sequentially, both temporally as they're spoken or as char acters are learn throughout a web page.
Computerized code new release is a vital cornerstone of model-driven techniques to software program improvement. at the moment, plenty of options can be found that aid the specification and implementation of code turbines, equivalent to engines in accordance with templates or rule-based variations. All these thoughts have in universal that code turbines are both at once programmed or defined through textual standards.
- Foundational Java Key Elements and Practical Programming
- Process Improvement in Practice : A Handbook for IT Companies (The Kluwer International Series in Software Engineering)
- An Introduction to GCC
- Generative and Transformational Techniques in Software Engineering III: International Summer School, GTTSE 2009, Braga, Portugal, July 6-11, 2009, Revised ... Programming and Software Engineering)
- Semantics of the Probabilistic Typed Lambda Calculus: Markov Chain Semantics, Termination Behavior, and Denotational Semantics
Extra info for Abstraction, Refinement and Proof for Probabilistic Systems
Invariance and termination together: the loop rule . Three examples of probabilistic loops . . . . . 1 The martingale . . . . . . . . . 2 Probabilistic ampliﬁcation . . . . . . 3 Faulty factorial . . . . . . . . . The Zero-One Law for termination . . . . . Probabilistic variant arguments for termination . . Termination example: self-stabilisation . . . . 1 Variations on the ring . . . . . . . Uncertain termination . . . . . . . . . 1 Example: an inductive termination argument Proper post-expectations .
X ∩ Y ) ≥ 0 0. We are not dealing with exact probabilities however: when demonic nondeterminism is present we have only lower bounds. (X ∩ Y ) in terms of p and q? 25) immediately as a lower bound. But to see that it is the greatest lower bound we must show that for any X, Y, p, q there is a probability distribution Pr such that the bound is attained; and that is illustrated in Fig. (X ∩ Y ) is as low as possible, reaching (p + q − 1) 0 exactly. [cc = A] . The & operator also plays a crucial role in the proof (Chap.
5) that expectations are non-negative.